The year is 1849. It's the height of the California Gold Rush, and you can smell fortune in the air... along with gunpowder, of course.[caption id="attachment_4121" align="alignleft" width="180"] Fool's Gold is now available on TableTopia! Play live now![/caption] In Fool's Gold, players are rival investors in search of one thing: gold. As your prospectors explore the rivers and mines of the California frontier, they will discover rich veins of gold to plunder, and priceless jewels to pad your ever-expanding bank account. But it isn't as easy as it seems: the elements, your other investors, and the ever-present possibility of finding fool's gold can have you throwing all your money down a mineshaft. Short of actually wandering through the mountains with a pickaxe, Fool's Gold is the closest you will ever come to prospecting for gold. A distinctive art style inspired by the American "wild west" pulls you into the experience, while its combination of collection and exploration make each game its own unique adventure. [gallery type="rectangular" size="full" ids="2322,2323,2324,2325,2326,2327,2328,2329"] How to Play: Each player starts Fool's Gold with six coins and 2-4 prospectors, depending on the number of players. The game lasts five years (i.e., rounds), and at the start of each year, each player receives an additional coin and an additional prospector, giving you both more to spend and more on which to spend. Each year consists of two phases: the prospecting phase and the mining phase. During the prospecting phase, the start player rolls ten dice, then places the dice on the mines of the same number, with 6s being placed in the central camp. Each mine has a path to it starting with the numbered die, then spaces numbered 0-6. After placing dice on the mine paths, players take turns taking one of these actions:
- Place a prospector on a mine path, paying the cost of the space you cover; whenever you pay coins, place them in front of your player screen.
- Place a wild die on a mine path, paying 1 for each die already on the path.
- Place a prospector in front of your screen to take back three coins.
- Pass, place all of your remaining prospectors in reserve next to any mine or mines of your choice, then take back all coins and prospectors in front of your screen.
- Take a gold card from the mine.
- Take a gem card from the mine, but only if you don't already have this gem.
- Take two coins from the bank, which gives you additional funds for the rest of the game.
- Lay down your prospector (removing it from priority) and wait for winter.
Fool's Gold videos & tutorials & reviews:[embed]https://youtu.be/s5E5FLkjKgc[/embed]